Opportunities abound in Dayspring’s vibrant community.
If you don’t want to pack a lunch each day, Dayspring offers several meal choices throughout the week. From walking tacos to meatball subs to everyone’s favorite, pizza, our students enjoy a variety of food. Each meal offered is also a fundraiser that supports upcoming class field studies to Israel.
Dayspring recognizes that we are a part of a larger community. While service opportunities exist inside our school, students are also encouraged to participate in service outside the classroom. Our yearly Serve For Education provides diverse and tangible ways to serve our community and beyond. Throughout the year, students can serve by bringing in canned goods for the local food banks, provide school supplies for underprivileged children, visit local nursing homes, and much more.
In-school opportunities to serve include:
- Senior Mentoring Program: 12th grade high school students are given the opportunity to mentor a sixth grade student
- Reading Buddies: 4th and 5th grade elementary school students are given the opportunity to read and spend time with our Preschool and Pre-K students throughout the year.
- Remember America Events: Students can choose to volunteer for set-up/tear-down or volunteer throughout our Remember America events.
- Special Days: Dayspring holds several student-driven special days throughout the year, including Shakespeare Days, Grandparents Day, and more.
- Serve For Education Blessing Day: The pinnacle of our Serve For Education initiative, students are asked to assist teachers with tasks around the school. Serve For Education encourages students to think beyond themselves for the purpose of serving others in the body of Christ.
Dayspring’s Athletics program emphasizes developing character & decision-making skills, sportsmanship, discipline, and excellence. Visit our Athletics section for more information.
School spirit thrives at DCA! Each year, students look forward to:
- Spirit Week: A week-long event in which students participate in special dress days, competitions, games, and other special activities.
- Homecoming: An evening of activities held at Spooky Nook Sports. The highlight of the evening is the Alumni basketball game.
- Spirit Wear: Show your school spirit with custom Warriors gear! Visit our spirit store to browse a large selection of gear to show your support!
Dayspring’s clubs enable students to learn and grow in specific areas of interest. Clubs vary by school year. Clubs offered in the past include:
- STEM-based activities such as robotics, CO2 cars, and pinewood derby
- Music-based clubs such as strings, ukulele, and worship team
- Student government, stewardship, National Honor Society, and Bibles 2 School
- Math Olympics, French, Library
- Yearbook & Middle School Newspaper
- Varsity Leadership (Athletics), Ultimate Frisbee, and High School Soccer
- Planet Earth (science), Water Painting (art), and debate
- Aeronautics, Off-grid living, Playwright’s Club
- Women’s Bible Study, Game Club, and Cooking Clubs
- …and more
The international community at Dayspring is diverse and students are well-integrated into the entire school community. Dayspring serves up to 12 students in our International Student Program each year.
Dayspring offers various opportunities for enhancing musicianship. Aside from various choir opportunities, Dayspring provides access to instrumental lessons including piano, flute, guitar, drums, and ukulele as well as voice lessons.