How Do I Sign My Child Up For A Sport?
- STEP 1 — Pay the participation fee according to the fee schedule. You can register online OR make your check payable to Dayspring Christian Academy and send it in to school, attention: Mr. Onasch.
- STEP 2 – PAPERWORK- Obtain a PIAA CIPPE form (must be completed for each new school year), fill out the DCA Warriors Constitution and COVID-19 Participation Waiver. Paperwork is found in the Form Library. These must be completed before your athlete may attend practice.
- STEP 3 – Sign up for notifications on RSchool Today. As always, schedules are subject to change at any time. Signing up for notifications on the RSchool website is a must, and ensures that you will hear of changes to the schedule as they occur. Calling the office for this information is highly discouraged. McCaskey athletes will hear about their schedules directly from McCaskey.
- STEP 4 – Attend scheduled practices. As a general rule, practices take place on M, T, Th, F, from 3:15 – 5:30.
- Athletes are always bused to practice, where parents should pick them up at 5:30.
- Athletes will always be bused to and from competitions; however, parents are welcome to pick up athletes from competitions as long as the athletic department is notified in writing.
- Coaches will fine tune team specific information at their parents meetings, generally held the first week of practice.
- Step 5 – Familiarize yourself with the Athletic Handbook, which includes our philosophy of athletics, as well as all pertinent policies.
What Is The Fee Schedule?
- Varsity Sports – $85.00
- Middle School Sports – $70.00
- A three-sport athlete will only need to pay for two sports during one school year.
- Limited scholarships are available from the Booster Club. Please contact Mr. Onasch for more information!
May My Student Driver Drive To Practices And Games?
Student drivers may drive themselves to practices, but may not take any other students in their cars. Student drivers MUST check in at the gym EACH DAY before leaving for practice. All athletes are expected to ride with their teams to competitions unless permission has been granted from the Athletic Director.
Where Are Sports Schedules Found?
The most up-to-date scheduling information for practices and games is found on the RSchool Today website.
The Athletic Handbook contains valuable information regarding DCA’s philosophy of athletics, as well as the role of parents, coaches, and athletes. It also contains all Athletic Department policies. All parents and athletes are expected to familiarize themselves with these policies. The Athletic Handbook can be found here.
What Do I Do If I Have More Questions?
It is impossible to address every policy and procedure in this format. Therefore, questions are not only expected, but welcomed! It is our desire that every athlete and family has a good understanding of Athletic Department policies and procedures. Please direct all questions to Mr. Onasch until the coaches have their parent meetings. At these meetings, you will find out the best way to contact coaches for team specific questions.
For Sale: "Shout Outs" To Varsity Athletes
Fall sports athletic programs for varsity teams are now being assembled. “Shout Outs” to varsity athletes are available for $10. Your message may include up to 140 characters. Please email BoosterClub@dayspringchristian.com
Your help is need to make our sports seasons a success! As a parent of a DCA athlete, your participation in the Booster Club is expected. There are lots of ways to help: scoreboard, scorekeeping, concessions, admissions, food donation, and more! Please email BoosterClub@dayspringchristian.com and look for a Sign Up Genius announcement soon!